Alalusi Foundation is a California non-profit corporation organized under the IRS Code Section 501(c)(3) which supports humanitarian and charitable projects in the United States and around the world in the areas of humanitarian assistance, refugee relief, human rights awareness education, and other activities. The Alalusi Foundation has supported humanitarian and charitable projects in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and the Americas. Alalusi Foundation activities have included: sponsorships and support for some of the millions of orphans in Iraq; direct aid to refugee families and individuals in Asia and North America; support for building schools in Mauritania; assistance for preservation of medieval manuscript libraries in Mali; providing livestock to impoverished rural villagers in China; providing specialized medical assistance for children in the Middle East; support for preserving Native American traditional culture; relief of bonded and indentured individuals in various places in West Africa; ‘start-up’ funding, assistance, and advice for a number of non-profit and charitable organizations in the United States and abroad, assistance to needy women and children and medical assistance in Iraq and Palestine, and more.We hand-pick our local partners and team members around the world, selecting innovators with proven track records, and team with local organizations with stable operations on the ground. By ensuring quality and professionalism in all programs, we are able to stretch every dollar to provide the greatest impact on some of the most pressing problems in the world. While the Alalusi Foundation’s projects have had a very wide range, a common focus has been on seeding projects with opportunities of potential long-term, leveraged impacts. We seek to aid by empowerment, not simply “charity”.
In all our projects, every penny donated goes straight to the project designated. Not a cent goes to overhead, expenses, or salaries. Our donors and sponsors can rest assured that their contributions are serving the causes they believe in.”
- Alalusi Foundation Iraq Orphans Project provides regular sponsorship support to orphans in locations from Mosul to Basra in Iraq, fostered in family homes, at the Orphans Khayrat al-Mosul Village in Mosul, and at the Dar Al Amin Iraqi Safe House for Orphans in Sadr City, as well as providing support to individual families of widows and orphaned girls.
- Our Somalia Medical Relief Project provides supplies and staff support for Hawa Abdi Foundation Hospital near Mogadishu, and Gargaar Clinic in Xadhadhan (which has never previously had any healthcare facilitiy).
- Alalusi Foundation provides ongoing assistance to schools, students, and teachers in Mauritania and Somalia.
- In Mauritania, Alalusi Foundation has supported the drilling of over 50 new water wells with infrastructure for villages.
- Alalusi Foundation provides ongoing assistance to tens of families of Iraqi and Syrian refugees in Jordan and the U.S.
- Our China Agriculture Assistance project has given over 40 impoverished farming families new opportunities and prosperity with livestock.